Prof. Oded Shoseyov
Researcher,The Robert H. Smith Institute of Plant Sciences and Genetics in Agriculture The Hebrew University, Jerusalm
“If you want to have a new idea, open an old book! The book was written over 3 billion years of evolution, and the text is the DNA of all living organisms. All we need is to read that DNA code and start our progress from there”
A faculty member of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem. Prof. Shoseyov’s research is in plant molecular biology protein engineering and nano-biotechnology. His group focus on Bio-Inspired Nanocomposite materials. He has authored or co-authored more than 160 scientific publications and is the inventor or co-inventor of 50 patents. Shoseyov is also co-owner and winemaker of BRAVDO winery (http://www.bravdo.co.il/home) named after his mentor, and partner Prof. Ben Ami Bravdo. Prof. Shoseyov received the Outstanding Scientist Polak Award for 2002, the 1999 and 2010 Kay Award for Innovative and Applied Research and The 2012 Israel Prime Minister Citation for Entrepreneurship and Innovation. He is the scientific founder of 10 companies. Among them are:
- Collplant Ltd an agro-biotech/regenerative medicine company producing human recombinant Type I collagen in transgenic plants for medical implants used in tissue engineering and regenerative medicine. collplant.com
- Biobetter Ltd. an agro-biotech company producing therapeutic antibodies in tobacco plants.
- Cannabi-Tech Ltd. a medical cannabis company developing products to assure product standardization.
- SP-Nano materials Ltd. A nao-biotech company manufactures protein based nano-coating solutions for the composite industry. fulcrumnano.com
- CBD-Technologies/FuturaGene. A forestry agro-biotech company that develop and commercialize transgenic forest trees for the pulp and paper and the bio-fuel industry. futuragene.com
- Melodea Ltd. A nano-biotech company develop and manufacture Nano Crystalline Cellulose from paper sludge for structural foam, composites and adhesives melodea.eu
- Valentis Nanotech. Ltd. A nanotechnology company develops and manufacture nano-bio-based transparent films for food packaging and agriculture. http://valentis-nano.com/
- Paulee CleanTec Paulee CleanTec aims to be the world leader in the collection and disposal of pet waste through its brand AshPoopie, http://www.ashpoopie.com/ and to branch out to human waste treatment with future products that similarly turn feces into odorless, sterile organic fertilizer via its daughter company Epic-Cleantech http://epiccleantec.com/#epic-cleantec-home